"Tracker" for domestic vehicle

Mungler

So, I need to get a tracker installed for a car.

I've been quoted £560 fitted (in conjunction with a bells and whistle alarm) but plus an annual subscription of £147.

Has anyone had one / got one and what were the numbers?

It's the £147 annual subscription that seems a bit hefty to me.

Ta very,

So, I need to get a tracker installed for a car.

I've been quoted £560 fitted (in conjunction with a bells and whistle alarm) but plus an annual subscription of £147.

Has anyone had one / got one and what were the numbers?

It's the £147 annual subscription that seems a bit hefty to me.

Ta very,

Is it your insurance company insisting on this? If not some telematics insurance companies provide the hardware for free and this also doubles up as a form of tracker, you do have to be a rule obeying motorist though. I cancelled my tracker subscription saving £210 per year and my insurance increased .. by £8.70.

i used to pay @ £120pa.(that was @ 5years ago)......you want it wired to car the annual sub sounds about right but the initial outlay sounds high...think mine was £200 ish but was bells & whistles...will try and find company name but was literally 'car tracker company' or v similar. Triggered when car lifted as well as driven off. Was garage fitted by bmw (on an M5) which were apparently frequently targetted and at time saved me more on insurance than it cost.. although never got nicked....proved quite useful when the parking nazis lifted it nr Fulham broadway!!...got the call before it was towed!!

Ive got a CobraTrak 5 - pretty impressive kit as can still trigger an alert even if taken with your keys (as long as you don't leave the tag in the car ) but I think pricier than your above numbers, though paid for via work so doesn't hit my pocket directly

You mean something like this?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-technology-accessories/alarms-immobilisers-and-trackers/car-security-tracker-system/?551778278&0&cc5_785

track it yourself on your phone, handy when you forgot where you parked it too!

Edited by Vince Green

Interesting subject, I have been thinking of getting one on my Defender and one on one my classic.

Do you know someone who does these and alarms down this way?

morning fella,

we do the CobraTrak ones at work. The initial outlay isn't cheap for the top of the range CobraTrak 5, but its an excellent system.

as SNS pointed out, it can/will trigger even if taken with the keys, and one push of a button will kill the car making it immobile.

there are other systems out there, and we have dabbled with a few of them, but if your talking about putting one on a £30k + car then is it really worth scrimping?

rimfire - the only other place I would recommend would be flying sparks in threemilestone. may be worth giving them a call.

I'm waiting for the paperwork but I think it's the Cobra5 I've been quoted for.

Ah, but Cornwall, that's a little too far from the bodyshop in Wickford.

We have gone from this:

c10eec06-211d-48ee-aab7-dd2cf73c6e10_zps

To this (car went in last October):

0_zpsxv02zwpl.png

0_zpsl33mryk8.png

And the new paint is going on next week.....

Firstly, who knew that such pretty car (when seen at 10 yards) had quite so much rust (when opened up) and secondly, I am so excited the little girl in me has tinkled her pants.